Forum renewal fundraiser

Introduction, news and other interesting stuff. Read these posts next after reading the Board Rules.
Site Admin

Forum renewal fundraiser

Postby WFF-Admin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:44 pm

As you may recall, last year we were very indecisive about renewing the forum for another year, due to decreasing activity. After warning you about a possible termination of the forum we did see an increase in posting and made the decision to continue. However, activity quickly dropped again to the same low levels, and we were starting to think we made the wrong decision.

The thing is, the activity goes up and down. Most new members never post a thing, yet a few new members really seem to be enjoying the forum, and we are obviously thrilled.

So, as the forum is due for renewal in just one month, this year we have decided it should be up to you. If you want to keep the forum up and alive, help us pay for it!
It's not like a renewal is expensive, it's around EUR 20.00 or USD 25.00, so even a symbolic contribution as low as EUR/USD 1.00 would help. And obviously we could pay for it ourselves as usually ... we just aren't sure we want to keep doing that.

Please contribute with whatever you want/can via paypal: admin -at- watchfetishforum.com (replace "-at-" with a @)

Thank you,
the WFF Admin/Moderator Team.

If you couldn't care less about the future of the forum, don't do anything.

Gold WFF-member

Re: Forum renewal fundraiser

Postby Andron_88 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:37 pm

I have one question, does the currency of the recipient must be Swedish crown? It asks me when I try to send money

Site Admin

Postby WFF-Admin » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Andron, first of all: thank you!

And we don't care about the currency, you can pay in Polish Szloty if you want.

Gold WFF-member

Postby Andron_88 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:33 am

You are welcome, I really care about this forum and I'm willing to make a donation :)

Site Admin

Postby WFF-Admin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:09 pm

So, it's been one week and so far we have received one contribution. Absolutely better than nothing at all, but ... still not really enough.

If we do not reach our goal, which isn't even to cover the entire fees but at least an amount that will make a difference, we will most likely shut down the forum due to lack of interest. In this case, let me be clear on one thing: ALL CONTRIBUTIONS WILL BE REFUNDED! No-one will be paying for nothing. So, if that's your concern, rest assured your contribution is 100% risk-free.

Again, even a symbolic contribution as low as EUR/USD 1.00 would help (it's the thought that counts, you know ...)

Please make a contrbution via Paypal: admin -at- watchfetishforum.com (replace "-at-" with an @)

Site Admin

Postby WFF-Admin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 am

STATUS OF THE FUNDRAISER

Two (2) contributions. For those, we are very grateful!

Unfortunately, so far it also gives a pretty clear picture of the importance of the future of the forum for the majority of it's members :(

We will let the fundraiser run for the remainder of the month, and if no more contributions are made all existing contributions will be refunded and the forum will be terminated.

Let's not make it come to that. Don't let all that hard work be a waste. If you care at all about this forum, please make a donation, whatever small, to prove you want it to stay online. And again, even a symbolic contribution as low as EUR/USD 1.00 would help, as it's not really about the money, but about your support.

Paypal: admin -at- watchfetishforum.com (replace "-at-" with an @)

Return to Announcements