Nice "vintage" Gruen on Ebay

The forum for Gruen, Elgin, Hamilton, Bulova, Cyma, Waltham, Benrus, Seiko, Citizen, Timex etc.

Nice "vintage" Gruen on Ebay

Postby JayKay » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:01 pm

I've had my eyes on these for a while now. At first glance they look just like the vintage Gruen "Curvex" wacthes from the 30's and 40's, however these are brand new, made in China by Gruen's new owners. You could call it their homage to the original Gruen brand.

Image Image

Here's the original they were modelled after:

ImageImage

They state the movement is "Swiss made" - I have my doubts, but all I know is that it's a quartz. The case is curved just like the original "Curvex" models, a feature I've always loved! I think they are very nice, actually. Very classy and elegant.
They come in ladies (20x46mm) and men's (24x56mm) sizes, either would look great on a woman's wrist. I know I'd like to see one on MY woman's wrist!

Buy it now-prices as follows:

Ladies: SS - $99.00 / Goldplated - $129.00
Mens: SS - $199.00 / Goldplated - $229.00

Intl. shipping costs are pretty steep, though... $35.00 to Europe.

They do put them up for auction as well, but I just saw one of the ladies SS-models go for $102.50 so that was a bad deal :D

Find them here, they sell other watches too, including Invicta's: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bid4invicta

(EDIT: Seems like these are now discontinued and out of stock everywhere :( Please notify me if you find them in stock!)

Re: Nice "vintage" Gruen on Ebay

Postby JayKay » Fri May 08, 2015 10:08 am

As a follow-up to this old topic, here's a beautiful example of a true vintage Gruen "doctor's" watch from the 40's.
It's not a dual-time watch, the lower dial is simply an enlarged seconds-dial, similar to the elusive Rolex "Prince".
I think it's absolutely stunning, and if it weren't for the hefty price tag, I'd seriously consider it, either for myself or the missus.

Listed on the Bay here, $3200 or Best Offer.

Return to Vintage & Classic Watches