Watch quotes

The forum for Rolex, Cartier, Omega, Longines, Panerai, Chanel, Hublot, Baume et Mercier etc.

Watch quotes

Postby JayKay » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:47 pm

We already have a few of these around the forum, so I thought we could have a thread with quotes about watches.

Here's one I read today, by (male) Cuban ballet dancer Carlos... something:

"My favourite watch is a Cartier Tank Fran├žaise. I bought it in Paris three years ago. It's beautiful but not ostentatious, with a sapphire set in the winder and a discreet gold and stainless-steel strap. But then last year, when I was taking part in a gala in Mexico City, I left the watch in its box in my hotel room and it was stolen. I was so upset I went straight out and bought myself a new Rolex."

Okay.... so now I'm thinking: if a Tank Francaise is your favorite watch......... then why the fuck did you get a Rolex????????????????????? :roll: :roll:

Re: Watch quotes

Postby JayKay » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:54 am

From the movie "Trading Places":

"This is a Rouchefoucauld. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad! This is *the* sports watch of the '80s!" :D

Gold WFF-member

Postby Bobby » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:08 am

From Home Alone:

"Is that a real Rolex?"

"Do you think it is?"

"No."

"Who can tell?"

Trusted WFF-member

Postby karhut555 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:02 pm

JayKay wrote:We already have a few of these around the forum, so I thought we could have a thread with quotes about watches.

Here's one I read today, by (male) Cuban ballet dancer Carlos... something:

"My favourite watch is a Cartier Tank Fran├žaise. I bought it in Paris three years ago. It's beautiful but not ostentatious, with a sapphire set in the winder and a discreet gold and stainless-steel strap. But then last year, when I was taking part in a gala in Mexico City, I left the watch in its box in my hotel room and it was stolen. I was so upset I went straight out and bought myself a new Rolex."

Okay.... so now I'm thinking: if a Tank Francaise is your favorite watch......... then why the fuck did you get a Rolex????????????????????? :roll: :roll:

Do dancers sometimes sustain head injuries? And who the fuck leaves a Cartier in a hotel room - in the original box? Did he also cover it with a note -- "PLEASE STEAL ME"

Return to Luxury Watches