Patek Philippe

The forum for Rolex, Cartier, Omega, Longines, Panerai, Chanel, Hublot, Baume et Mercier etc.
WFF Hall of Fame-member

Patek Philippe

Postby Watchdickmol2 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:49 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: Patek Philippe

Postby JayKay » Thu May 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi-Maintenance girl! :o

Postby JayKay » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Found this 1930's vintage Patek and instantly needed to wipe off the drool from my shirt. My God, what a beauty!

Image Image

Officially a men's watch, but at 23 x 31mm the perfect size for a lady. Dear Santa.....

Curious WFF-member

Postby LadyLacroix5 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:23 pm

JayKay, thanks for sharing!!

I feel really in love with that watch!!!

Postby JayKay » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:30 pm

Glad you agree, it really is a stunning watch.

Postby JayKay » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:34 pm

My dear girl bought a magazine the other day and on the back was an ad from Patek Philippe, which she showed me and said "I - WANT!!!":

It is the "Twenty-4" diamond set watch, in this config coming with a €11.000 price tag. Yikes ... and that's an entry level model!

Must say I think it's a beautiful watch, but totally out of my reach, and since I already have very expensive plans for her 40th birthday in three years time (Longines ... :shock: ) I just gave her compliments for her great taste! :D

But then it hit me; haven't I seen a very similar watch from another brand, only much, much cheaper? It took me more than an hour to come up with something, but when I finally found it I almost couldn't believe it:

This is the Dugena Premium "Tenero". It doesn't come with diamonds on the dial as the Patek does, but then again it's just €279.* And how Dugena managed to produce this model without getting sued by Patek is beyond me :o

(*: 16 Aug. 2016 - just did a search on Amazon and found it for as little as €154.)

But wait - there's more!!!!

Even Movado's budget brand ESQ has their own take on the Twenty-4, called the Kingston:

Unfortunately they both come with a Mother-of-Pearl dial which I know my girl doesn't like, so she probably wouldn't like any of them :(

Return to Luxury Watches