A New Rolex

The forum for Rolex, Cartier, Omega, Longines, Panerai, Chanel, Hublot, Baume et Mercier etc.
Platinum WFF-member

A New Rolex

Postby WatchFreak » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:25 am

Been a while, but here's something that REALLY caught my eye.

The new Rolex Yachtmaster in Everose gold with OysterFlex (don't call it rubber) strap.

I'm not sure why, but lately this and other similar diver-style watches are overshadowing Cartier Tanks with me.

I love the contrasts of colors and textures on the ones that I have seen.

Having visited a local Rolex AD, I was able to try on a few different pieces. Ironically, it was Rolex's sister brand, Tudor that makes the watch that seems to be one that won't leave me alone. When the time is right, I will have one. The Grantour Date.

http://www.jomashop.com/tudor-watch-20500n-wsbkmcpl.html

Here's the chrono version.

Needless to say, I fell in love with more than one Rolex/Tudor that day. I still love Tanks dearly, yet I am open to other styles much more these days. The Grantour is a sexy watch indeed, and it felt great on my wrist.

The sad thing is that as much as I've spent on mid-grade watches, I could have had one of these already. A Tudor Grantour and a Cartier Tank Solo would be the two I would pick if I had to.

WF

Re: A New Rolex

Postby JayKay » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:22 pm

Welcome back, WF!!

That Rolex is really nice!! And so are "The Tudors" (pun intended), I hope it won't be long until you get one! Meanwhile be sure to have a look at the Omega Planet Ocean line, they are somewhat similar but as far as I recall not as expensive.

Return to Luxury Watches