Pics from Paris

The forum for Rolex, Cartier, Omega, Longines, Panerai, Chanel, Hublot, Baume et Mercier etc.

Pics from Paris

Postby JayKay » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Just returned from a prolonged Easter holiday in Paris. My girlfriend brought four (!) of her watches, but unfortunately I have no good pics of her wearing those.

What I do have, are pics from our visit to no less than THE largest watch and jewelry store in the world, the "Bucherer" store at Boulevard des Capucines in Paris. What an experience!

First things first, though. We went to the giant department store "Gallerie Lafayette", which has a very well-assorted watch dept. on the ground floor, featuring basically all the luxury brands. At the Longines dept. my girlfriend spotted this diamond-encrusted DolceVita, and asked me (in a very leading way) if I wanted her to try it on. Well, duh!

It looked really beautiful on her wrist, we both agreed. Hope you agree, too!
After spending a couple of hours there, we left Lafayette, and by sheer luck we passed "Bucherer":

We went in just to have a look, and even though we weren't exactly dressed as millionaires we received a very professional welcome. The personel let us look around on our own at first, but when we got to the Cartier department the very nice asian sales assistant immediately noticed the Tank on my grilfriend's wrist and complimented it, and started doing "her thing". And we were like; "well, what the hell?" and went along.

The first one my girlfriend tried on was a Tank Louis (it still had the protective plastic on, so looked a little weird):

Then she tried on the slightly smaller Tank Solo:

... followed by a Ronde:

... and finally a mid-size Tank Francaise - this particular model had a diamond-fitted dial, which none of us liked that much.

We sat down with the sales person for about 30-40 minutes and felt like Russian new-rich :D

Needless to say, I was on cloud Nine for the rest of the day! :D We also considered visiting the nearby Cartier flagship store on Rue de la Paix, but it was getting late and we skipped it this time. And since Bucherer had a full Cartier collection anyway, we didn't feel we were missing out.
Awesome experience!

Bronze WFF-member

Re: Pics from Paris

Postby sihfjm » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:53 pm

Great story! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like fun. Cartier tanks are my favorite. What kinds does she already have?

Postby JayKay » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:36 am

Hi, she has the one pictured in my avatar on the left :)

VIP Member

Postby Watchdickmol2 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Nice watches on a nice lady!

Return to Luxury Watches