datejust or submariner

The forum for Rolex, Cartier, Omega, Longines, Panerai, Chanel, Hublot, Baume et Mercier etc.
Curious WFF-member

datejust or submariner

Postby WatchChick » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi, for those of you who don't know I am a woman who loves watches. Lately I have been fantasizing about owning a rolex, which leaves me with a tough choice: datejust or submariner. The datejust has timeless elegance and feminine style, it would go with any outfit. On the other hand, I have larger wrists and taller stature, so maybe the submariner would be more in proportion to my dimensions. Proportion is very important to style, which is why I thought a datejust would go well with a lot of feminine outfits. Maybe coupled with the right bracelets it would be just the thing

Dedicated WFF-member

Re: datejust or submariner

Postby SantosForever » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi and welcome!
Happy to read about a woman with this fetish and so brave to do a "coming out". Very nice!

About your question, here below my suggests (personal opinions, of course).
If you are tall, for Datejust you should consider only men size; main difference is for bracelet: standard or jubilee. Chices for material and dial, follow...
Submariner is a "classic", the only choices up to you are for dial and bezel color.

I attach as a sample, few pictures about models you mentioned.

Submariner

Datejust Jubilee bracelet

Datejust President bracelet

Dedicated WFF-member

Postby sublover » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:30 am

One vote for the Submariner :)

Postby JayKay » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:34 am

SantosForever wrote:
Datejust President bracelet

That's the "Oyster" bracelet, not President.
If you would like a closer look at the watches in my avatar image, go here

Dedicated WFF-member

Postby SantosForever » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Damn!!! You are right!!!

This below is President bracelet

Curious WFF-member

Postby WatchChick » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:21 am

I am thinking of buying used or refurbished on ebay, I don't want to pay the full price tag because I'm on a budget. I've identified several sellers who seem to be reputable, but a lot of them are selling watches that seem to have a lot of "high quality aftermarket parts". Do you guys think this is a smart way to buy a luxury watch? I am new to this.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Rolex-Date-Stainless-Steel-Watch-Oyster-Style-Band-Silver-Diamond-Dial-1501/362142634757?epid=688598564&hash=item5451621305:g:aG8AAOSwXrdZ85gO

Bronze WFF-member

Postby sihfjm » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 pm

I wish I could recommend somebody. As long as you do your research and find someone who has sold them for a while and has good feedback, you should be alright. I know there are videos on things to look for, just be careful. I have bought a few Cartier watches on ebay. I have always had them checked out by a Cartier dealer and they were all authentic and in great shape inside and out. Every situation is different though. I really like what you are looking at. I am sure you will be happy with your new watch. I hope you share some pics. when you find the one for you. You will also have fun teasing a lot of people with the attention it will get, like your climbing partner that one day. ;) Another option is a rolex dealer that sells used ones. I know there is a store in Cincinnati that does that. They fully service them and have them looking like new. Wish I could be of more help, but I am sure you will figure it out. Have fun shopping!

Dedicated WFF-member

Postby sublover » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:41 am

If you are in the market for a used newer watch David SW is great. Super guy fair prices 100 legit. I have no relationship with him just bought watches there myself.
https://davidsw.com

Return to Luxury Watches